Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Here along the beach lies sunken treasure

 Here along the reef lies sunken treasure

Of men who sailed but did not measure

I seek to find it soon

Under eloquent stars and moon


I use starlight to navigate the seas

It will be in moonlight the treasure will be freed

Of foolish men who did not see

That numbers will ruin their destiny


I reach the treasure sailing east

But the stars disappear with my endless needs

I throw the treasure overboard

I need the stars to sail back home


The stars guide me to reach my Isle

I walk inland a hundred miles

I reach a jungle of a billion trees

But I came here for just one tree


Here in this jungle grows a hidden tree

That all the eyes in the world cannot see

I seek to find it soon

Before the sun seals my doom


What is gold but a ruthless thing

That kills more men than a useless king

But each atom in this wondrous tree

Has a magic in it that can cure all ills



1 comment: