Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The Tree of Serendib

 

Here along the reef lies sunken treasure
Of a ship that sailed but failed to measure
I seek to find it soon
Under eloquent stars and a moon
I use starlight to navigate the seas
It will be in the moonlight the treasure will be freed
Of foolish men who did not see
That numbers will drown their destiny
I reach the treasure sailing East
But the stars disappear with my endless greed
I throw the treasure overboard
I need the stars to sail back home
The stars guide me to reach an isle
I walk inland a hundred miles
I reach a jungle of countless trees
But I came here for just one tree
Here in this jungle grows a hidden tree
That all the eyes in the world cannot see
I seek to find it soon
Before the daylight kills the moon
What is gold but a useless thing
That kills more men than a ruthless king
But each atom in this secret tree
Has magic in it that can cure all ills
I find the tree before early dawn
All my troubles disappear with the misty morn
I am one of the few who are truly free
For I found the tree of Serendib

No comments:

Post a Comment